Sunday, November 18, 2012

Aussie Curves: Strapless...eeeek!




"And with the passing of pastels week we have...I'm sorry what was that?...strapless? STRAPLESS?!! Ewwwwwwww, no!!!!"

That was my internal dialogue when I was checking what was next on the Aussie Curves challenge list. lol. This week's outfit challenge has by far been the hardest for me. My arms are my biggest "no go zone" haha. We all have that one part of our body that when dressing we make sure to cover up or dress in a way that is more flattering than others. For me its a no brainer..."cover those arms girl!" This is at the top of the list especially when I'm headed out clubbing or dancing coz one way or another these arms of mine end up waving around in the air and yeah I just like to have that ishh handled lol.

So yes, that being said this weeks challenge had me a bit scared to be in front of the camera because I don't think I've had my bare arms out in the world since I was like 6...haha let alone freezing them in time forever in these pics...YAY for a liberation that was all mine today! Thanks Aussie Curves for the push!

My OOTD:

I went for a bit of an earthy look basing my outift around my skirt and its colours and patterns. I added the colour block bracelet cuff for a bit of rich burst in between the earthy tones and the wedge heels for a bit of height! Ladies with size 11W feet like mine check out Target for these babies! Super comfy with a sensible heel that won't kill your life! I'm still searching for a pair in black...they're all sold out where I am! :'( lol.





Black tube bra, $10 Fashion Fair/ Patterned skirt, $6 MS Op shop/ Ankle strap wedge heels, $32 Target/ Beaded bracelet cuff, $6 Diva/ Feather earrings, $3 Diva





When it comes to the arm department do you cover up or let it all hang out?!! Either way I think the most important thing is how YOU feel and how this effects the way you carry yourself when stepping out the door for the day or night! If it makes you happy grab it by the balls and run as far as you can with whatever it is that makes your heart smile!! haha! :)

Have THE BEST week ladies!

Big love x






20 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! I used to cover my arms but now Im just a bit eh don't care now. Have noticed that doing weight training defiantly gets them toned now and I'm almost proud of my arms now even though they are 2 sizes bigger than when I did cover them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiiii Ezmae!! yes, totes agree on the weith training!! I burn my arms in the gym every morning! Its defs making a difference!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh sheeeet! :P
    Of course I see nothing wrong with your arms, but its always that way huh? LOL.
    I can't stop looking at your beautiful face so the arms went unnoticed! :D
    Cute dress and loving those shades!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you bew-di-ful Gabby!! :) the shaes are mele's haha!! x

      Delete
  3. You look so gorgeous! I love the batik print on your skirt teemed with the simple black top. Your arms look fab. You could totally wave them in the air like you just don't care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heyyy Lisa!! thank you! I love the print on my skirt as well! It's what was sticking out on the rack and caught my attention!! x

      Delete
  4. Love your outfit you look gorgeous! Upper arms are lookin' good too! Good on you for baring something you're feeling insecure about- it paid off cos you're looking fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Bek!! thank you!! it was so weird gettin in front of the camera arms bare but it was a good experience! :)

      Delete
  5. I think you look lovely in strapless! Uhh I wish I could wear strapless but over here in London it is freezing so no chance of that! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Callie!! thanksss i love going strapless in my own back yeard lol. because I love the sun on my skin!! I can't wait to get to London one day!! you'll be all rigged up in your winter wear!! I looove boots!! x

      Delete
  6. oh you look stunning! i very jelly of your hair lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look AMAZING in that dress. AND SO DO YOUR ARMS!
    So many of the Aussie Curves girls look amazing but they hate their arms? WHYYYYYYY! It makes me sad. You don't have to hide anything! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyy Jenny! Thanksssss, hahaha yeah it seems to be a sensitive point for a lot of women right?!! I don't know its just something I became weird about lol. getting over the slowly though!! Thanks for dropping by! x

      Delete
  8. I tend to cover up my arms, they are the one part that I haven't fully embraced. I think you look amazing and I'm so in love with your hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiii Natalie!! thanks for dropping in...ehh my hair totes need to be redone but I'm loving the roots for some reason so im just letting it go!! lol. :)

      Delete
  9. You look ahhhhmazing! I'm glad you busted your arms out. Looking good beautiful, this outfit is all kinds of perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suger!! :) Thankyou!!! I love the love you always share!!! x

      Delete
  10. hey Laura!! thanks for dropping in! sure! visiting your blog now.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jeanie!! Thankss, I just straightened and then put some barrel curls in it for a natural look!! you're to kind!! thanks for sharing the love :)

    ReplyDelete