Saturday, August 10, 2013

Aussie Curves: Celebrate in Boracay!


photo by Paolo Feliciano x


Hi lovely ones! CELEBRATE! Love the new theme! I am also LOVING all the new Aussie Curvettes joining in on the fun!

Here are some pics from one of the most AHHHHHH-mazing weddings I have ever been to. It was held earlier this year in March on the beautiful island of Boracay in the Philippines! Now when first outfit planning in my mind I had picked out to wear this glorious, thrifted chiffon maxi skirt. Closer to packing date I was like "who am I kidding...I'll be sweating my chops off!" lol. so I went with this colour bomb mini dress from City Chic I purchased on sale circa 2011. It totally fit the bill of being cool (temperature wise), colourful and fun...perfect for a beach wedding! I love that this dress has subtle draping sleeves and the length is a winner for me too!

But enough of that, I must gush about the sheer beauty of this union between two against THE MOST breathtaking view. I kept looking around telling myself to take every bit in and memorise it...to remember that I had the honour of attending this magnificent event, one of those "once in a lifetime" times. Mint. Now let me tell you...when I say it was hot, I mean...it. was. hot. My whole body glistened with moisture. Wiping my skin dry did nothing but make a fresh space for more moisture. Amidst the humidity, waterfall (sweat) and my useless attempt to keep cool with my $2 fan I picked up at the local D-Mall I witnessed teenage sweethearts now all grown up exchange the most heart warming and real vows and make a pact to stick it out through thick and thin for the rest of their days. sigh. Here are some pictures from the afternoon & night!

cuteness overload....the groom's gorgeous baby niece Jenesis x


Bride to be Joan with her parents on the way down the aisle x

nailed it!

Bride and groom, Joan and Karl...love them x

bridesmaid & groom

with my sisters Sia & Dasa x

enter sis Mele x





wedding crew

photo by Paolo Feliciano x
Joan and Karl, I love you both and wish you nothing but strength, happiness and prosperity in your years to come as husband and wife.

Blessings x

Click here to watch the vimeo video of the wedding of the year! DO IT DO IT DO IT! It's soooooo good! It was filmed, edited and played on the day of the wedding at the reception! AMAZING!




10 comments:

  1. beautiful bride, beautiful wedding and you and your sisters looked beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GORGEOUS wedding and I love, love your outfit!! Seriously, if this isn't THE most perfect place, theme colours and all of that for a wedding then I don't know what it. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUGER!! its was seriously THE BEST wedding I have ever been to!!! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love your dress... perfect for a wedding! You look fab. The bride's gorgeous too and those mint bridesmaid dresses are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in Jocelyn!! Oh and yes i love the bridesmaid dresses too!! They were so hot in them though! lol. x

      Delete
  4. I LOVE all the colours in this post - that dress is amazeballs on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! my favourite is the sunset...perfection!! I love this dress, I haven't worn it since the beginning of 2012 because its so memorable but it was defs worth the wait and perfect for the occasion! :)

      Delete