Friday, September 14, 2012

Aussie Curves Challenge: Sparkle...

Hello lovely ladies who may happen to pop in! :) This is my very first (and very late lol.) post in the Aussie Curves challenge and I'm excited to finally be taking part!!

My sister joined in on the challenge a few weeks ago and kept telling me all about it so here I am!! And what a week to start...Sparkle! LOL. To be honest this had me so stumped. While I love to give anything a go and I love bold, colour and prints, sparkle has not been my forte for quite a while. I think this is due to the fact that I would pack my eyelids with glitter during my "OHMYGAWWWSH GLITTER IS SO COOOOL" phase back in year 6! Haha, but it is a challenge right? So after a while of brainstorming ideas with sister and not coming up with much and thinking about just skipping this week and waiting for next week I thought I'd just try my luck looking for something at our local op-shops!

So on Tuesday afternoon my niece and I walked into my favourite op-shop in Mildura and right in the doorway was a one dollar rack. Looking through it, totally not thinking I would find anything that I could work with I see this black, sequinned boob tube! I do the stretch test to see if it may fit as the lady in the store saw it's tag fall off. She offers to re-tag her and I tell her not to worry because I'm going to take it. She politely looks puzzled and asks "oh, is it stretch dear?" and I say yep and take it to the counter. Get it home and try to put it on and...coooooool, it so doesn't fit. YAY lol. -_-. But, that didn't stop me. So keeping to our ways, we altered it to make it fit :) . To do this we simply cut it down the back and used one of the stretch spaghetti straps to hold it on as a top and VOILA! I have this sparkle top that I LOVE and for only $1! I now have the Aussie Curves challenge to thank for opening up the world of sparkle for me once again!

As a pure coincidence my whole outfit is thrifted besides my shoes :) I looooooove a bargain item that I know no-one else will be wearing!!

What I've got on:


Purple blazer- Salvo's $3/ Sequinned tube top- MS OpShop $1/ Sheer maxi skirt Vinnies $5



Wedges- online purchase from www.barefoottess.com


Clip on earrings- MS Opshop $2




Hope this finds you lovely ladies well. I'm excited to see how everyone rocks the tribal look next week!

Love xx

14 comments:

  1. You look great! Love those colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksss :) The skirt colour is something that is not really in my wardrobe at the moment but I love it a lot!!

      Delete
  2. that is some fantastic thrifting bargains you have found............love the whole outfit and would never have considered them if I had seen them separately in a store.......you put together a great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister seriously ALWAYS shop on the cheap!! LOL. we loooooove bargain hunting!! and i totally agree with the in store thing! I just threw it together and it worked!! :) The pressure forced me to come up with something I love! :)

      Delete
  3. coooool post!!!! :) love the entire outfit...especially the blazer :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mahalo miss Magenta!! :) eagerly awaiting your next post!! xx

      Delete
  4. SO HOT I want your entire outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, all of it! Gorgeous. I would wear this whole outfit in a heartbeat. And $3, for that blazer!!! Holy heck am I jealous. GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) Do you op shop much?!! You should check out some of your locals! Makes ure to look in the mens and women's jacket sections! I find some really cool stuff in the mens sections!!

      Delete
  6. Thanks heaps! :) I'm teaching casual teaching at the moment so bargains are essential!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love an op-shop bargain, you look fab. It's great that you've joined in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jacqui!! You and me both! I'm glad to have joined! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oohhh super cute! This outfit rocks! Awesome to have you playing along! x

    ReplyDelete