Friday, October 26, 2012

The Sapphires...




I am a huuuuuuuuge fan of Australian films so when I heard that the musical "The Sapphires was being adapted for the big screen featuring one of my all-time favourite Aussie actors Deborah Mailman...I squealed. LOL. This was the most exciting news for my sister and I. The Sapphires is set in the 50's-60's which had my roomies (my sis, niece and cousin) and I wear some 50's & 60's inspired outfits to watch our most anticipated movie of the year! Some may think this is totes daggy or shame but honestly...we don't currrrrr haha. We are living in a country town at the moment due to teaching work so it was inevitable that we got some curious looks being so "dressed up just for the movies" but it made the viewing all that much more fun. Our beautiful mami and our friend Malo, her little sister and her mum came along too so it was a ladies night! :)

The Sapphires is the most heart-warming, hilariously, amazing film that depicts true adversities met by Indigenous Australians of that era and how four beautiful women followed their dreams of singing all the way to Vietnam to sing for soldiers serving in the Vietnam War at the time. The movie had me bursting out with in-containable laughter one second, sobbing tears the next only to have me cracking up the second later. IT WAS SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD! Yes, the many o's are necessary! haha :) If you haven't seen it already, please educate yourself with this piece of Aussie film magic!! Oh and the soundtrack....damn ; get that too!! 

Here is my OOTN:

I really loved this outfit because it made me feel like a ladyyyyyy :) The feminine floral with the knitted cardigan was a match made in lady heaven & my wedges...I'm in love with them, they're so comfy!

Knitted cardigan $2/Thrifted, Floral dress $5/ thrifted & from sister's closet, wedge heels $30/Target this season, Woven tan bag $15/Equip three seasons ago.

haha, blotchy red face from crying like a beetch at the end of the movie.
Tali & Fasi with the supplies.


Trying to show my nail polish off but looking like I'm awkwardly grabbing my boob lol.
with my wonderful mami <3


If you haven't seen it already, please educate yourself with this piece of Aussie film magic!! Oh and the soundtrack....damn ; get that too!! *walks off singing "what a man, what a man, what a man, what a might GOOD man..."* 

Love xx

3 comments:

  1. yusssss was the best ever! And you wore that dress girl! LOVE it xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this film on the weekend on DVD. Loved it. You're outfit is so dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh YAY!! Yes, the movie makes my world twirl! lol. glad you liked it!!

      Delete